It's probably not pertinent to this discussion, but the Windows command prompt you get to by running cmd.exe is not the same thing as the DOS command line you get when you run the old command.com. I think all of the commands mentioned in this thread are the same in DOS and the Windows command prompt, but there are some significant differences in some commands and options between the Windows command prompt and DOS. Also, since Windows 9X, you're not actually running DOS either.