Here's an even better option.
Straight talk has a $45 plan that gives you unlimited nationwide minutes and
messages and 2.5GB of LTE data on AT&T for $45 per month and unlimited
worldwide minutes and messages and 2.5GB of LTE data on AT&T for $60 per month.
The 16GB iPhone 5S is $649 off contract($199 on contract). Let's just say your
on contract plan is $120 per month, the length of your service period is 24
months, and you choose the $60 plan if you decide to go off contract.
199+(120*24)=3079
649+(60*24)=2080
3079-2080=999
In other words, save your $1000 and go off contract...

Bill