WordPress.comI got my iTunes receipt for 99 cents.  I got emails from iDrive
telling me I had the upgrade.
I have spent a lot of time trying to undo the original items uploaded.
My advice is to not let it start automatically backing up until you decide
exactly which items you want included.  My problem was that I have way more
than 50 GB in the basic things they assume people want such as documents,
music, pictures, videos, and 20 GB of music got uploaded before I realized.
Once it is backed up it is hard to remove it with Jaws on the website.  I can
find the information by clicking folders but can’t figure out how to “choose”
items to delete.
I found it easier to check all the items as exclude and then to go to the
folders in Windows Explorer and use the application key to add the folder to
the iDrive backup.  These were the things like Favorites, contacts, Windows
Live Mail, specific folders in my documents and specific folders in my
pictures.  It gives you a projected total but I did not realize this at first.
The iDrive application has to be navigated with the Jaws key but I have managed
to do this most of the time Sometimes I can then use the left mouse simulation
and switch to the PC curser, but not always.
The Sync folder is easier to use.   Unfortunately, I did not check the size of
the folders I originally put in there so it had too much.  Today I trimmed down
the folders to under my 50 limit and they seem to be uploading.  It does take
time when one is uploading such large files to begin with
I think the Sync folder will work somewhat like the Dropbox folder.
.

There is a scheduler where you can set up a specific time for backups and I
plan to use this once I get it straightened out.  I want this for the things I
mentioned before that have to be in their original positions to work properly,
like Favorites and Windows Live Mail.

I did look on the site and there is a blog where it explains about the 99 cents
price.  And they do not have a credit card number for me since I use gift cards
for my iTunes account so I can’t get burned.

On the website there are lots of FAQ pages that are pretty helpful.
Sherrie Gosling
HTH,
Sherrie Gosling