Hi Ein,

That is a superb description. Thanks!

Pranav

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Ein
Sent: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:58 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: App switcher question

Hi, sorry for getting back late. Let me describe about the app switcher in
detail.
When the app switcher opens, the current home screen is reduced by half both in
the width and in the height, and is put in the first place.
All the apps in the app switcher are shown likewise; that is, each of them
shows its snapshot of its last screen image in half the original size.
App switcher, then, shows three small screenshots at a time. First one is
placed on the left but is shown only the right half, second one is placed in
the middle and is fully shown, and the third one is shown on the right but is
shown only the left half.

If you drag a little bit, the screenshots scroll smoothly and stops to show
three screenshots just as described above.
Also shown together with these half-size screenshots are their icons just below
them. You can just think of one icon below one screenshot, and thus there are
three icons shown below the current three screenshots. In fact, there are up to
five icons shown. One icon right below the middle screenshot in the middle, but
the icons for the left and the right screenshots are more closer to the middle
icon. This placement gives a little extra space to show two more icons to be
seen in each side. Just one fourth of the icon images are shown on the left and
on the right. Sighted persons would not touch these icons, but anyway if you
ever touch any of these icons or snapshots, the corresponding app opens.
However, to close the app from the app switcher, you need to pull upward the
snapshots instead of icons. One, two, or three snapshots can be pulled up at a
time. However, most people just seem to touch or drag one at a time not to make
it look complicated.
If VoiceOver is turned on, only snapshots can be focused one at a time, and
could become active again, or be closed.
Hope this can clarify about your understanding about the app switcher. Sorry
and please understand my poor description. :)

Ein