Hi Desi, I use the on-screen keyboard. I have one of those tactile
screen protectors that are sold by the A.T. Guys. This allows me to
orient my fingers, jusing the F and the J keys on the home row pretty
quickly. I hold the phone in my right hand and use my left index
finger to input the keystrokes, and, like you, I use my thumb as an
anchor. (I apparently have some arthritis in that joint, so sometimes
I have to discontinue my "anchoring!" Like you, after a few years, I
am a fairly fast typist with the on-screen keyboard. I know that
others use a blue tooth QWERTY keyboard, and some people use
refreshable braille note-takers, but I haven't paired my phone with
any of these devices, mostly because I don't want to have to carry one
more thing with me when I'm out and about and using my IPhone.
Penny