From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: 17 June 2014 08:33
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Frustrated with mail.

You should log into  your gmail account and check your settings. I think that
maybe your gmail account is configured as a POP account; you should change it
to IMAP. With IMAP there is no such option as "Leave a Copy on the Server".
With IMAP all mail is synced between your gmail account and your devices. Of
course you would also have to configure Outlook to use IMAP.
I personally never liked gmail very much since I don't like their approach with
labels and the All Mail account, but it will work if it is set up properly and
if you google "Setting up Gmail in Outlook" you can find configuration which
explains what you have to do. But as I said, you first of all have to make sure
your gmail account on the web is set up to use IMAP.