Hello Mary,

I have both the StandScan Pro and the Giraffe Reader. The StandScan Pro with
its built-in lighting does a better job but not by that much. You need to make
sure that the Giraffe Reader has enough light, either by putting it somewhere
near a well-lit window, or by using the phone's flash.

The big advantage of the Giraffe Reader is its small size, low weight (70 g or
about 2.5 oz), the incredible ease with which you can set it up, and its small
footprint once erected. You have to remember that it's calibrated for an A4
sheet, so if your document is smaller than that, you should place it further
away from the upright portion of the Giraffe.

I like the Giraffe Reader for its portability (it fits comfortably into a large
handbag) so can go everywhere with me in case I need it.

Cheers,

Anne