My experience with the KNFB folks is that they are philosophically against the use of any aid like a stand. i have the KNFB Reader on an old Nokia phone, and the developers included assists in the software to help you to line up the camera. I would assume that those assists will be available in this software as well. Many of us asked for some kind of stand in the past, and I understand that a few folks even fashioned their own, but the KNFB folks just kept insisting that such a thing would be expensive to design, and would not be necessary.

Andy

-----Original Message----- From: Mary Otten
Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2014 5:14 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: girafe scanner stand

Hi all,

Does anybody on the list have the giraffe, stand that is suppose to help get good scans when using a phone? I'm familiar with standscan, but I have to say, the thought of paying 50 bucks for cardboard is not particularly thrilling. Has anybody compared the giraffe with the standscan? I've certainly had poor luck with ocr and my phone when not using a stand. I gather that the demo for the knfb was not using a stand but am not sure. In any case, I'd be interested to hear peoples' experiences with the giraffe.
Mary Otten
motte...@gmail.com

--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.

I'm not wearing a diaper, so don't try to change me.