Hi Jane,

I don't think the "Supports only iOS 7" means that it won't support iOS 8,
but rather that it won't work on anything before iOS7. There are some apps
which are like that now and over time more of them will not support iOS
versions before iOS 7. If you read the entire description, here is what it
says at the very end:

Compatibility:

Requires iOS 7.0 or later.

Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for
iPhone 5.

Having said that, maybe hold off just a bit before installing iOS 8, doing
it on the first or second day of the release is probably a bad idea anyways
since hundreds of millions of people around the world will try to upgrade
and Apple's servers will be totally bogged down. Also you might want to wait
until the first wave of feedback comes in.