For those who are having serious issues with the new 8.0 firmware, I found
this information that may be helpful. I have not done this myself so have no
idea if it works or not. Just passing it on.

Downgrade from iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2

If you had accidentally upgraded your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 8 or
don't like it or are finding
performance issues on older iOS devices and want to downgrade back to iOS
7.1.2, then the good news is that you can downgrade as Apple seems to be
still signing the iOS 7.1.2 firmware file.
Important points to note:
. You will be able to downgrade back only to iOS 7.1.2
. It is important to take a backup of your iOS device to iCloud or using
iTunes.
. Please note that when you downgrade back to iOS 7.1.2, you will be able to
restore back to iOS 7.x.x compatible backup and not the iOS 8 backup to
avoid compatibility issues.
. Apple doesn't recommend downgrading so please proceed at your own risk.
Please follow these simple instructions to downgrade to iOS 7.1.2:
. Download the appropriate iOS 7.1.2 firmware file for your device
. Connect the device running iOS 8 to your computer.
. Launch iTunes and select the iOS device from the top right corner, to the
left of the iTunes Store button.
. Hold the Alt/Option key in Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard
and click on the Restore iPhone/iPad/iPod touch button in iTunes. Important
please read: Alternatively, you can also click on the Check for Update
option, instead of restoring. We were able to successfully downgrade from
iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.2 using this step, but we are not sure what issue it can
have on the data. So it is probably a good idea to use the Restore method,
though it will be more time consuming. If you
iTunes - Check for Update
. If you've Find My iPhone enabled then it will prompt you to turn it off
before restoring your iPhone/iPad or iPod touch.
. Select the ipsw file you had downloaded earlier.
. iTunes will inform that it will erase and restore your iOS device to iOS
7.1.2 and will verify the restore with Apple.
. Click Restore.
. iTunes should now restore your iOS device to iOS 7.1.2.
. After a restore, the iOS device will restart. You should then see "Slide
to set up". Follow the steps in the iOS Setup Assistant.
. You can then restore your device from a backup if required.
That's it. You should now be successfully downgraded to iOS 7.1.2. It may
prompt you to activate your device.
Please note that Apple can stop signing iOS 7.1.2 firmware files any moment
so downgrade back to iOS 7.1.2 as soon as possible. You won't be able to
downgrade back to iOS 7.1.2 once Apple stops signing the firmware file.

"I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than
live a hundred years smothered by a lie."--Lena Haloway

Blind Treasures
sa...@blindtreasures.com
PH: 804-726-8900
Web: www.blindtreasures.com