Perhapss you should put the phone on a table and if it does not vibrate, you
will know your table is level, then pick it up and see if you can keep it
level. It does not take much of a tilt to start the vibrations.
It occurs to me that if people have a hard time holding things like trays, or
plates or even cups level, this could be a good tool for learning to hold
things level by putting the phone on them, while they are empty of course, and
see if they can walk across a room without the phone vibrating.
HTH,
Richard

"Common sense is in spite of, not as the result of education." - Victor Hugo

Sent from my iPhone 5S