Hi Grant, I've used Excel and Word so far, but have yet to use PowerPoint.
The way I've been working with Word is to create documents with it, then bring
them back to the computer to format with JAWS where I can use Text Analyser,
get verification of formatting etc.
I've not used tables as I seldom need to with my kind of writing, but if
they're not working with VO, then yes, definite room for improvement there.
The ability to work with text, select it and manipulate it is very good though.
I think it's clear the accessibility is more than accidental, it's very much
evident when you use Excel, so hopefully with feedback any deficiencies can be
improved upon.
Jonathan Mosen
Mosen Consulting
Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
http://Mosen.org