From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:19 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: sim card questions about iphone 6s 64 gig model

Hi Hank,

The SIM tray on the 5S is on the right side (opposite the side with the
volume buttons) and it's located about half way down or maybe a bit more
than half way. You should be able to feel the tiny hole. If you don't have
the SIM removal tool or your phone didn't come with one just use a
paperclip, works just the same. It does take a pretty firm press for the SIM
tray to pop out and I would make sure to do it on a table in case you drop
the SIM as the Nano SIM used in the 5S is really super tiny.

Somebody mentioned at one point to be careful as the SIM tray may literally
shoot out, but I have had an iPhone 4, 4S and a 5S and actually had my 4S as
well as my 5S replaced under Apple Care for various reasons and none of
these 5 or 6 phones I have had did that especially if you hold it so the SIM
tray side is facing up. On all of my phones the tray just pops out a bit,
just enough so you can grab it and pull it out.

The tray has a tiny ridge in the middle on the bottom so that side goes
towards the back of the phone when you put it back in.

The SIM itself has one corner which is cut off although on the Nano SIM that
is sometimes hard to feel since it's so tiny. Anyhow, that cut-off corner
goes towards the outside and towards the top of the phone (towards where the
power button is on the top right corner).

And yes, you can get adapters which allow you to use a Nano SIM in a Micro
SIM or full-size SIM tray.