Hello Cathy,

The iOS built-in Timer App works with many third-party apps without any need to
configure anything inside the third party App, itself.

So, if you want the NLS BARD app to stop playing after 20 minutes, for example,
just do the following:

1.
Open the Clock app.

2.
Select the Timer Tab, located at the bottom of the display screen.

3.
Select your desired time period and make sure you have the Stop Playing item
selected as the action to take at the end of the time period.

4.
Now start the timer countdown by tapping the Start button.

5.
Now, either use the App switcher or simply press the Home button in order to go
to the BARD app.

6.
Start playing your book.

Cathy, that's all there is to it.  At the end of the countdown period your BARD
app will stop playing.

Enjoy,

Mark