First of all, there seems to be some confusion here about audio ducking. Audio
ducking is not in and of itself a new feature. I looked this up because I
thought I might be confusing things but I think I am after all correct. Audio
ducking has been in place for quite a while if not always and it is the feature
that lowers other volumes when voiceover is speaking. So since voiceover speaks
your buttons, having audio ducking on shouldn't be impeding your hanging up the
phone but should be helping it; you do want it on for this if I have the right
grasp on this. It is if you have audio ducking off that you should have a
problem that you can blame on your audio ducking setting. What has changed is
that now you can control audio ducking with the rotor; it was always on before
and you couldn't control it as you can on the Mac; on the Mac you can turn it
off completely and I don't think you can do it on the iPhone. So there is a bit
of a dilemma here: from the point of a phone conversation you may think you
want audio ducking off but from the point of view of hanging up and answering
you probably want it on. If you aren't in a hurry to hang up, of course you
could have it in the rotor and turn the feature on or off as you need it but it
appears you are wanting to hurry and hang up so this might not help you. But
having audio ducking on should help you, not hinder you if I am thinking about
this correctly. I always like to leave some excuse for myself in case I really
am confused - lol!

I don't think the buttons are moved though where they are may feel different
depending on the size of your phone. At least from my experience, using the
power button is no longer a way to hang the phone up if you are using iOS8
unless an update changed this back; I havn't tried this since the beginning of
iOS8 because it appeared to me not to be a way to do this any longer. I would
say either take the phone from your ear and take a little time in your
double-tapping or also take a little time and flick left at the bottom if
possible to find the end call button or do some extra practicing to find out
where it feels like the button is to you. Maybe get somebody to call you or
call yourself from another phone and practice a particular method until you
feel comfortable; occasional misfires probably are still going to happen.
Otherwise you may need to use earbuds or headphones where you can press or
squeeze a button or speak the words to hang up. Actually, I know some earphones
allow you to answer a call verbally but i'm not sure any allow you to hang up
verbally. Can you imagine inadvertently speaking the wrong word during your
phone conversation and disconnecting your call - lol! Anyway, while it may not
completely solve your problem, I think some deliberate practice may go a long
way to easing your frustration. Trying to "practice" this during the pressure
of a situation where you want to just hang up right away probably will increas
rather than decrease your discontent with how this works. If you already have
been practicing and are still having troulble, I'm not sure what to suggest.
Personally, I feel more pressure to hurry when answering than I do when hanging
up.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!