From: james anderson <james.ander...@setf.de>
To: virtuoso-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Monday, December 1, 2008 1:49:08 PM
Subject: [Virtuoso-users] ? building virutoso for os x 10.4/pcc

hello;

has anyone succeeded to build the open source version of virtuoso on
os x 10.4 for ppc?

i checked out the sources and worked through the automake and
configure process, updating several utilities and setting the CFLAGS
as indicated.

i also had to change the flags to build a univerrsal binary, in order
that it accept the ssl library version.

now, the libsrc/Wi make step fails. in two ways. the flex command
line specifies arguments as, eg '-o scn3.c' which the flex command
fails to process as intended. it requires a '-oscn3.c' form. once the
makefile is edited to change those arguments to a form which flex
accepts, the gawk command fails. it contains '-o' arguments, which do
not appear at all in the options in the command synopsis from 'gawk --
help'. ?

both af these circumstances are rather surprising, so i thought i'd
ask what the practice and experience has been, before i try further.

thanks,