Hi Timo,

I don't get it, as you say the initial download was from
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSDownload ie
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSDownload/virt_sesame3.jar
 , which I have just downloaded and compare with the version in the archive and
they appear to be the same:

$ ls -l virt_sesame3*
-rw-r--r--  1 hughwilliams  hughwilliams  38483 10 Jul 13:52 virt_sesame3.jar
-rw-r--r--  1 hughwilliams  hughwilliams  38483 18 Nov 15:43
virt_sesame3_old.jar
$ diff virt_sesame3.jar virt_sesame3_old.jar
$ java -jar virt_sesame3.jar
OpenLink Virtuoso(TM) Provider for Sesame3(TM) Version 3.0-alpha [Build 1.1]
$ java -jar virt_sesame3_old.jar
OpenLink Virtuoso(TM) Provider for Sesame3(TM) Version 3.0-alpha [Build 1.1]
$

The command for obtaining the version of the jar file was added on 5th July a
few days before the last open source release on the 9th July, does the original
file you downloaded give you a version string, as I can only assume you have
downloaded a cached version somehow ?

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support