Hi  Vanessa,

You are running a rather old 6.1.0.3126 build from about a year ago now. I
would recommend you download he latest available Virtuoso 6.1.3 release
candidate build from the following location, build and retest with the
resultant binaries:

ftp://download.openlinksw.com/support/vos/virtuoso-opensource-6-20110218.tar.gz

Should the problem persist please check if a core file exists in the database
directly and we can attempt to analyse with the debugger to determine point of
the apparent server crash ...

Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support
Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenLink

On 22 Feb 2011, at 12:41, Vanessa Lopez wrote:

> [...]
> local/src/virtuoso/lib/virtuoso/hosting'
> 12:13:05   CreoleWiki version 0.1 from OpenLink Software
> 12:13:05   Support functions for CreoleWiki collaboration tool
> 12:13:05   SUCCESS plugin 3: loaded from /usr/local/src/virtuoso/lib/
> virtuoso/hosting/creolewiki.so }
> 12:13:05 OpenLink Virtuoso Universal Server
> 12:13:05 Version 06.01.3126-pthreads for Linux as of Jul 21 2010
> 12:13:05 uses parts of OpenSSL, PCRE, Html Tidy
> 12:13:05 Database version 3126
> 12:13:05 SQL Optimizer enabled (max 1000 layouts)
> 12:13:06 Compiler unit is timed at 0.000558 msec
> 12:13:08 Roll forward started
> 12:13:08     10 transactions, 799 bytes replayed (100 %)
> 12:13:08 Roll forward complete
> 12:13:14 Checkpoint started
> 12:13:15 Checkpoint finished, log reused
> 12:13:17 HTTP/WebDAV server online at 8890
> 12:13:17 Server online at 1111 (pid 32031)
>

> Thanks a lot! Any hint very much appreciated :-)
>
> Vanessa.
>
> On 20 Feb 2011, at 01:57, Hugh Williams wrote:
>
>> Hi Vanessa,
>>
>> Please confirm the Virtuoso version you are using (virtuoso-t -?)
>> and version of the JDBC Driver (java virtuoso.jdbc3.Driver).
>>
>> When you say the Virtuoso server totally stops, is it still running
>> but just not responding to SQL or HTTP request or has the server
>> actually shutdown ?
>>
>> If you can still connect via SQL with the Virtuoso "isql" command
>> line tool can you run the "status('')" command to determine the
>> status of the database and provide this also.
>>
>> A copy of the "virtuoso.log" would also be useful to see to check
>> for any errors that might account for this behaviour.
>>
>> I would also direct you to the Virtuoso performance and tuning guide:
>>
>>      http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/databaseadmsrv.html#ptune
>>
>> Section 6.1.7.5.4. JDBC, which details the new to set the
>> appropriate transaction isolation level , which is read committed to
>> minimise the possibility of locks/deadlocks.
>>
>> Best Regards
>> Hugh Williams
>> Professional Services
>> OpenLink Software
>> Web: http://www.openlinksw.com
>> Support: http://support.openlinksw.com
>> Forums: http://boards.openlinksw.com/support
>> Twitter: http://twitter.com/OpenLink
>>
>> On 18 Feb 2011, at 12:52, Vanessa Lopez wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all!
>>>
>>> I seem to have problems when I have two clients of my program
>>> accessing the same instance of virtuoso (even when the clients are
>>> independent), eventually one fails and virtuoso totally stops
>>> running.
>>>
>>> Virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoException: Activity on a closed connection
>>>     at virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoConnection.getFuture(Unknown Source)
>>>     at virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoFuture.sendCancelFuture(Unknown Source)
>>>     at virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoFuture.nextResult(Unknown Source)
>>>     at virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoResultSet.process_result(Unknown Source)
>>>     at virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoResultSet.next(Unknown Source)

>>> virtuoso.jdbc3.VirtuosoException: Connection failed: Connection

>>> http://p.sf.net/sfu/intel-dev2devfeb