Hi Štěpán

For a stable/consistent pagination, an ORDER BY is always necessary. Even if
the data is constant and the statistics of indexes are not refreshed between
fetching different pages, the optimizer can chose different ordering depending
on number of rows to skip and return. In fact no ORDER BY clause implies that
the optimizer may do whatever with the order, including different order for
different runs of same query on same data.

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers