Hi Boris,

The first recommendation would be to update your open source build to the
latest develop/7 branch which is at 07.10.3208 containing many query optimizer
and other improvements ...

        http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VOSGitUsage

I wouldn't expect switching from a VM to physical machine to cause such
behaviour, are you sure the servers are configured the same ? I also don't
understand what you mean by when starting the server a query takes 23035ms and
then restarting it take 643ms as you appear to have performed the same
operation, or is this an intermittent occurrence ?

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers