Hi Daniel,

Valgrind is probably the most common method of tracking memory problems on
Linux I am aware of.

Please note the following document on monitoring Virtuoso memory consumption:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtMonitorMemoryConsumption

Also, note the following 2 parameters: ThreadCleanupInterval,
ResourcesCleanupInterval which can both be set to 1 in order to reduce memory
leaking:

http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/databaseadmsrv.html#ex_threadcleanupinterval

although as this  was not apparently occurring with 7.2.0 it may not help, but
worth trying ...

How is this "process to convert MeSH XML to MeSH RDF" which uses lots of memory
performed, is this done in Virtuoso or by some external process ?

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers