On 6 August 2015 at 16:28, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] <daniel.da...@nih.gov
> wrote:

> Hugh Williams wrote:
> > How is this "process to convert MeSH XML to MeSH RDF" which uses lots of
> memory performed, is this done in Virtuoso or by some external process ?
>
> It's really converting to triples - https://github.com/HHS/meshrdf
> contains the conversion code, which is basically an XSLT process run by
> saxon9he in java.  There is no Java code in our converter.    One reason we
> use the current method is so that researchers and linked data software
> professionals can independently do the conversion.
>
> Could this XSLT code run inside of Virtuoso?   How would we do a partial
> change every night rather than a full reload given that some IRIs that
> function as both subjects and objects may be deleted each night?

Hi Daniel,

You might like to have a look at our Sponger.

It's a system for ingesting diverse data resources, converting them to RDF;
it matches on URL or MIME-type to identify the originating domain for the
resource, choosing an appropriate stored procedure (hook function) to
prepare and process the data using XSLT, ingesting the resultant rdf/xml
into a graph.

There are various pragmas available to control the method of retrieval;
related resources can be retrieved (to a given degrees of freedom) and a
graph can be cleared before (re)sponging, amongst other things.

Given that XSLT already exists for this MeSH XML, it should not be hard to
rewrite a custom cartridge around it.

Further documentation of interest:

   - http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSponger
   -