On 4/1/16 9:02 AM, Jörn Hees wrote:
> On 31 Mar 2016, at 22:10, Kingsley Idehen <kide...@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>> How are you arriving at data devoid or metadata about its origins?
> Link rot... Endpoint is still working, dumps aren't...

Example please.

>> You would be better served, ultimately, instantiating a dedicated
>> Virtuoso instance in the cloud for your specific needs. This instance
>> could load datasets from wherever, using some of the existing endpoints
>> (DBpedia and others) as a mechanism for exposing provenance data etc..
> How would i do that? I'm not sure i fully understand... We have a Virtuoso
> instance in our local network for our working group already.

You could make a pre-configured DBpedia instance, or LOD the same
datasets we have in our LOD Cloud cache etc..
> I usually manually load it with the dumps of datasets i want to run my
> algorithms against so i don't impede the public endpoints operations / get
> blocked for doing too many requests.
>

>> There is no nice way of trying to dump all the data from an existing
>> SPARQL endpoint.
> If there is no nice way, is there any way at all?

There is a slow way using OFFSET and LIMIT with smaller sizes that what
you had in the initial post.

> I mean I can't be the first one who is interested in all triples a graph on a
> remote endpoint contains (even if that graph is big).

You need to be more specific about the data you seek and from what
endpoint & repository combo it's currently visible etc..

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO