On 31 Mar 2016, at 22:10, Kingsley Idehen <kide...@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> How are you arriving at data devoid or metadata about its origins?

Link rot... Endpoint is still working, dumps aren't...

> You would be better served, ultimately, instantiating a dedicated
> Virtuoso instance in the cloud for your specific needs. This instance
> could load datasets from wherever, using some of the existing endpoints
> (DBpedia and others) as a mechanism for exposing provenance data etc..

How would i do that? I'm not sure i fully understand... We have a Virtuoso
instance in our local network for our working group already.
I usually manually load it with the dumps of datasets i want to run my
algorithms against so i don't impede the public endpoints operations / get
blocked for doing too many requests.

> There is no nice way of trying to dump all the data from an existing
> SPARQL endpoint.

If there is no nice way, is there any way at all?

I mean I can't be the first one who is interested in all triples a graph on a
remote endpoint contains (even if that graph is big).

Best,
Jörn