--On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 19:39 +0900 "\"Martin J.
Dürst\"" <due...@it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:

> On 2014/03/11 23:52, Spencer Dawkins wrote:
>
>> Some chairs have let me wave frantically to attract their
>> attention, so they could put me "virtually in line" until it
>> was my turn, but I was delaying the meeting while running to
>> the mike and missing about half what was said while returning
>> to my seat.
>
> What about sitting near the mike, then?

>From experience, if the chairs are using a FIFO queue with one
or more mics and there is any sort of a line, it makes
absolutely no difference.  One of the ideas behind the "Jabber
Scribe" hats was to encourage chairs to give "jump the line"
priority to anyone wearing the hats on the assumption that the
remote participants were already behind due to audio lag,
typing, and reading delays.   Perhaps it would have worked
better with more planning and coordination but Vancouver doesn't
make me optimistic.

   john