Christian O'Flaherty <oflahe...@isoc.org> wrote:

> Before we start working on the documents I would try to decide what
> do we need,

   Hard to answer that before agreeing what we're trying to accomplish...

> We're now discussing how can we adapt those experiences to make them
> useful for a WG work.

   Hmm... I don't think there's a single answer to that question...

> Do we need a more formal process when real work is done remotely?
> (do we need new 'roles' for the hubs (like a virtual chair),

   I doubt such a title would help much.

   But there's definitely a role for folks who are experienced in WG
meetings in-person.

> should they be recognized/acknowledged/approved by the IETF)

   Sounds like more effort than it's worth...

> How can we make it equivalent to be an individual remote participant
> vs. part of a remote hub.

   We can't.

> And how are they different to interim [video] calls?

   Different issue...

> a way forward could be to update the current documents making it clear
> it was an experiment to promote IETF participation and start a learning
> process on doing something more formal.

   I recommend against trying "more-formal" before we settle what we're
trying to accomplish.

> Christian

   Myself, I'd like to make remote-hubs more practical for folks already
familiar with on-site IETF weeks. I think that will help newcomers
as well as "oldcomers".

--
John Leslie <j...@jlc.net>