At 11:11 PM -0500 6/6/06, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> >--- /rsync_root/perl/vms/vms.c       Tue May 30 23:23:07 2006
>>+++ vms/vms.c Sun Jun  4 22:12:56 2006
>
>Wow. I"m working on this.  It didn't compile as is in a threaded
>configuration or a default configuration either.  It adds 794 lines
>of code to vms.c and I don't think I will ever find time to read it
>all, much less understand it, so do please submit tests.  I will get
>it in as soon as I get it to compile and I'm satisfied it doesn't
>introduce failures for tests we already have.

Sorry for the grumpy tone.    I was just a little taken aback that
such massive changes were necessary, but since they are, I'm glad
you've made them :-).  I've applied this with very slight
modifications as #28367.  I modified vms_split_path() so that it does
not try to pass around thread context; as far as I can tell, it does
not manipulate any global data, so there's not much reason for it to
do that, and now it can also be used in other places that do not have
thread context handy.  The only other change was that I restored a
lib$getdvi call in encode_dev() that your patch deleted -- just looks
like PF4 got whacked one time too many.

If there is any more documentation available about VTF-7, I'd
appreciate pointers.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."