At 11:41 AM -0400 6/29/06, Peter Prymmer wrote:
>"Craig A. Berry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 06/29/2006 11:28:54 AM:
>
>> What kill() method does your Perl on Itanium use?  Does it have:
>>
>> $ sea config.h sigprc
>> #define KILL_BY_SIGPRC
>
>It does have that:
>
>$ sea PERL_ROOT:[LIB.VMS_IA64.5_8_7.CORE]config.h sigprc
>#define KILL_BY_SIGPRC
>
>what other option should I try?

Currently the only thing you can do differently is manually whack
that line out of your config.h and rebuild.  That will cause Perl to
use the CRTL's kill(), which is known to disappear into the ether
when called from within a signal handler.  So I'm not really
recommending that change as you'd likely cause more problems than you
solve.

>> I've never used Sys::SigAction, but from glancing at the test it does
>> appear that masking of signals is not working in your Perl.
>
>The test is a bit hard to follow at first :-)

Do note that version 0.06 has just appeared.  I don't know if it will
help with your issues, but it might.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."