Mozilla or Thunderbird on multiple platforms are not able to read the last set of messages posted by Robert L. Boyd, or the replies to them because of the following long line that is being appended and maintained on Craig A Berry's e-mail address:

"\" character indicates where I manually inserted a line break.

@DUKEPOWER" \
<IMCEANOTES-+22Craig+20A+2E+20Berry+22+20+3Ccraigberry+40mac\
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This is because of a known bug in both Mozilla and Thunderbird where they will not display the vertical scroll bars in the message body frame and the message list frame any time that the window width is smaller than what can display the text in the "From", "To", "Subject", or "CC" lines.

In the case of the above header line information, I can not make the Mozilla window wide enough to view the messages.

This problem is reproducible on all platforms that Mozilla and Thunderbird run on.

The only work around that I have found to view the entire message is to click on the reply button, and to either select an older message or remove the preview plain in order to scroll through the inbox.

This appears to have started with a reply from Robert L. Boyd on July 17th at 22:43 that has been carried through. The previous postings by Robert L. Boyd did not have the long tag appended to any e-mail addresses.

Can anyone making future replies to these threads make sure that the long line is removed.

And Robert, I do not know why your mail/news client added that tag, but be aware that it appears to be where it started.

If you set Thunderbird or Mozilla to the perl.vmsperl on nntp.perl.org news server, you can see the effect.

Thanks,
-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only