Hi,

I am attempting to install DBI on OpenVMS V8.2-1 on Itanium.

I downloaded perl 5.8.6 from HP's site and installed it - it appears to work.

perl makefile.pl appears to run without errors.

but mms all finishes with:

MCR annar$dka0:[sys0.syscommon.perl5_8_6]perl.exe -e "print
qq{PerlShr/Share\n}" >>DBI.OPT
Copy/NoConfirm DBI.OPT [.BLIB.ARCH.AUTO.DBI]DBI.OPT
MCR annar$dka0:[sys0.syscommon.perl5_8_6]perl.exe -p -e "s/~DRIVER~/Perl/g"
Driver.xst > Perl.xsi
%MMS-F-GWKNOACTS, Actions to update PERL.C are unknown.

which suggests to me mms does not know how to convert an xsi file into c since
the descrip.mms says:

C_FILES  = dbi.c perl.c

# The main dependancy (technically correct but probably not used)
Perl.c : Perl.xsi

I can't find any rule to convert an .xsi into a .c in the mms file.

Any ideas.

Thanks.

Martin