Hi Kees,

You've touched on a sensitive nerve. I'll try to give some hints, but
others may have more complete information

VMS::Queue (a work in progress, old)
http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/D/DS/DSUGAL/vms-queue-0_57.zip

> Getting PID and setting a new name for a process running the
> Perlscript.

I haven't looked in detail, but you might find this helpful:

http://www.perl.com/CPAN/authors/id/D/DS/DSUGAL/VMS-Process-1_05.zip

> Running command procedures and also returning there status.

DCLSYM can handle DCL symbols, but the entire question of status codes
is an area that should be documented better. It is also clouded by the
use of POSIX error codes by perl, I believe.

> Run/detached of other programs.

Haven't tried this from perl

> Globbing files remote with username and password.

Not sure of your requirements here. Would you use DECnet as the
transport, or TCPIP? If the latter, perhaps NET::FTP would be the
logical starting place. That works for me (using Multinet ) but I
have to say that error handling and status codes are, again, a big
deal.

> If there are solutions, i like to know how to find them.
> It is hard to find the right keywords to google!
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Kees van der Pot
>
> Hosting Services VMS NL
> EDS International BV

Let me know if you need more information on any of these general
suggestions. Good luck.

Carl Friedberg
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.comets.com