At 4:21 PM +0200 8/8/06, van der Pot, Kees wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Reading "perlvms - VMS-specific documentation for Perl" and searching the
>internet i was wondering if there is more info about:
>
>Submitting batchjobs and queue manipulation.

VMS::Queue::submit()

and VMS::Queue has a lot of other functions for queue and entry manipulation.

>Getting PID and setting a new name for a process running the Perlscript.

Finding the pid is easy, as the special variable $$ has it:

$ perl -e "print $$;"
19204

I don't know of a programmatic way to change the process name in any
language, but I could be forgetting something.  I suspect SET PROCESS
whacks the process header directly and there is no API that does this.

>Running command procedures and also returning there status.

See the discussions of backticks, system, and $? in the perlvms documentation.

>Run/detached of other programs.

There is no general interface to SYS$CREPRC from Perl that I'm aware
of.  That sounds like a nice candidate for a new extension if there
are any aspiring extension writers out there.

>Globbing files remote with username and password.

We covered this pretty well in the ITRC discussion at:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1047304

It looks like you were having trouble getting the quoting right, but
when you do, it will work.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."