Hi

I am new to VMS and Perl.
I have a VMS command procedure that calls a PErl script with 2 parameters A- filename of the input file B- Filename of the output file. The perl script reads the input file A, processes it (removes spaces,etc) and puts this data in file B in the CSV format.

When File A is on my local directory, the program works fine.

When file A is a file on another cluster, the program fails with the following error (these may not be the exact words)
"Fatal VMS error (status=2312), PERLKIT:[SOURCE]VMS.C;1 at line 5962 at t.perl line 5" No such device
I give the entire pathname for file A-XY12::XYZ1:[ABC.DEF.XYZ]ASDF.CSV

Line 5 in t.pl is the line which tries to open file A.

My question is
Is it not possible for PErl to read a file from another cluster (cross cluster read)??

Would appreciate your reply.

Thanks & Regards,
Samina