Craig A. Berry wrote:
At 6:12 PM +0100 8/8/06, Martin J. Evans wrote:

Building kept failing and I noticed messages saying .EXISTS files are
in the future.

e.g.

%MMS-W-GMFUTURE, Time for [-.BLIB.MAN3].EXISTS is in the future:
6-AUG-2006 12:29:13.00

I am prepared to admit there is something wrong with my setup, CRTL
(whatever) but I don't know what it is. I have double checked
localtime and gmtime functions in CRTL and they appear to return the
correct results. However:

$ perl -"MExtUtils::Command" -e touch foo.tmp
$ dir/full foo.tmp

Directory DKA0:[NICK.MARTIN]

FOO.TMP;1                     File ID:  (24832,28,0)
Size:            0/0          Owner:    [200,1]
Created:     7-AUG-2006 08:40:44.67
Revised:     7-AUG-2006 09:40:44.00 (1)

and I am suspicious of that revision time since it is one hour in the
future.

Not sure it's related, but there is a new TDF ECO that sounds like it
could possibly address your problem:

http://mail.openvms.org:8100/Lists/alerts/Message/326.html

There's also a thread on c.o.v with someone having a similar-sounding
problem with a Java program.

Thanks Craig. I'm on holiday now so I'll look into it when I'm back at work.

Martin