Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:
On 17/03/07, Alexey Tourbin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think that the easiest way to address the prolem is, in perl5db.t,
to check for /dev/tty instead of /dev/null.

I actually added that condition (as change #30609), thanks.

This would also appear to cause the test to be skipped on VMS.

VMS does not currently have a /dev/tty, which is why the code assumes SYS\$COMMAND instead.

That probably could be done better on VMS, but it will be a little while before I have enough tuits free to look at it.

The impact of skipping this test on VMS is minor. The test is failing right now anyway. As near as I can determine, the VMS specific code is preventing the debugger from accepting a script for input instead of the command terminal.

I would also advise any VMS maintainers not to assume that testing for /dev/tty will fail on VMS. Even on older releases, directory structures and logical names can cause a false positive. And /dev/tty may start working in a future release of VMS.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only
Now employed, but bootstrapping a new house.