John E. Malmberg wrote:

Craig A. Berry wrote:

At 8:25 AM -0500 7/29/07, John E. Malmberg wrote:

In VMS 8.3, support for symbolic links has been added to the CRTL.

Unfortunately the support is broken for the unlink(), remove(),
delete(), and probably rmdir() and rename() unless one of the Posix
compliant modes is activated.

This patch works around this issue for remove() and rmdir() by
using the RMS erase call.

Unfortunately something is still wrong with rmdir(). I do not know if it is a result of this patch or not.

The mkdir() test is failing because it now seems to take two calls to rmdir() to actually delete a directory. The first call returns a success.

This is puzzling to me, but I will not have time to do a debugging session until later in the evening.

I made a bad change, and am not unlocking the acl list for the files after a successful delete that required the addition of an ACL list.

Please cancel this patch.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only