Craig A. Berry wrote:
At 8:57 AM -0500 9/6/07, John E. Malmberg wrote:
Michael G Schwern wrote:
Craig Berry wrote:

Some Subversion repositories are set up to generate a tarball on
the  fly, but this one does not appear to have that feature. 2.99_01 from
CPAN looks like it's only one day behind, possibly not even that:

http://search.cpan.org/~andya/Test-Harness-2.99_01/

A lot can change in one day.  Like "totally not working on VMS" to "working on
VMS".

You've got to pull it from Subversion.
Ok, assuming that a re-compile and re-link tonight solves the problem below, is
what is the subversion command to pull them down?

% svn checkout http://svn.hexten.net/tapx/trunk tapxtrunk

At least that's what worked on OS X. You're probably the only person
on the planet who has built Subversion from source on VMS, so you're
on your own there.

I tried to do a make dist on OS X, but the metafile and
create_distdir targets have a chicken-and-egg problem -- you can't
generate either without the other.  Creating an empty META.yml seems
to have faked it out and allowed make dist to proceed.

I am quite sure that the http: access method will not work for me as I could not get the DAV plugin to work properly. At the time that I built the client, I did not have access to any SVN database to test it against inside the firewall which was blocking the SVN protocol.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only