Jos I. Boumans wrote:

On Sep 1, 2007, at 12:53 AM, Craig A. Berry wrote:

At 12:21 AM -0500 8/31/07, John E. Malmberg wrote:

In lib/CPANPLUS/Internals/Extract.pm, VMS needs to use catfile to  deal
with combining path components that could include a file name component.

If C<catfile> will work for all platforms, then the test for VMS  can be
removed.

A straight replacement of catdir with catfile worked on both VMS and
Mac OS X, so that's what I checked it into blead as #31776.

John, to quote you from another patch mail (to Archive::Tar):

"In lib/Archive/Tar/t/02_methods.t, File::Spec->catfile was being used where a directory path was needed. There is a significant difference between catpath and catfile on VMS, and catpath must be used if the result is intended to be a path."

And your patch replaces calls to 'catfile' with 'catdir'...

So i assume this is not a safe change?

The patch submitted to lib/Archive/Tar/t/02_methods.t was wrong, and the issue I was seeing was corrected by a change by Craig to a patch that I did to another module.

The change that Craig submitted as 31776 should be safe.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only