Beerse, Corni wrote:
> [...]

   I have seen this problem on a different laptop running Windows 2000, but I
don't remember seeing it on the laptop before that with Windows 98 (didn't use
VNC much then). Perhaps it's a difference between NT and 98?

   How hard would it be it add an option to transmit Alt-Key as an Escape then
Key sequence? I have used that with terminal emulators in the past to fix
problems.

   I haven't looking into the VNC code, and I'm not sure if I'm setup to build
it or not. If I am, and I have time (pretty big if), I might try to produce a
tweaked version and see what it does.

> Might move to replace emacs with nedit (http://www.nedit.org) also
> avialiable with redhat ;-) It is (as editor) just as powerfull as emacs but
> it is only an editor, not a mailtool, not a newsreader, not an ide, not
> a......

   But I LIKE being able to watch the towers on hanoi any time I like! ;>

   It would be hard for me to switch. Not least because I've been using emacs
over 10 years, but because I'm using a lot of the extentions to help adjust to
local coding conventions, different version control systems, etc.

> CBee

Don Garrett                             http://www.bgb.cc/garrett/
BGB Consulting                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]