I don't think that it is necessarily true that PC Anywhere is faster than VNC.
Sometimes VNC configuration, for performance, is trickier than PC anywhere,
but when properly configured the performance is comparable.  The most recent
version of TightVNC has done well in performance testing.

No doubt performance can always be improved, but start by making sure you have
things configured to get the best performance from the current software.
E-mail me off list if you need details.