Stephen,

You can operate two way traffic, by running the server on both machines.  I
don't recommend, however, using a machine as a client and a server at the
same time, for performance reasons.  That is, it is perfectly all right to
sometimes connect to the Linux box from the Windows box, and other times
connect to the Windows box from the Linux box, but don't have one machine
connecting to the Linux box while the Linux box is connecting to, say, a
third machine.

In fact, I do this at times.  I connect to some of my clients through a VPN,
and when I am in my office my machine is the viewer and theirs is the server,
and when I go to their site my office machine can be the server and I run the
viewer from the client's office.  Just an example, but you get the idea.  You
can do it in any direction you like.

Running the viewer on Linux, you have the same capabilities you would have
being on the windows box (of course not with the same screen update
performance).