Did you configure VNC after installing using
Start\Programs\VNC\Administration\Show Default Settings? If not, that is
likely your problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernhard Georg Enders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2002 9:22 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VNC Service cannot start automatically

Dear all,

I'm running Win2000 Pro SP3 on several machines and can't get VNC service
automatically started at boot time. I've been reading this list to find a
solution for this problem but I didn't. The service seemed to be correctly
installed, in the Startup Type column (in mmc) we have 'automatic' but the
Status is empty. The icon program (WinVNC) is in the taskbar but I can't
connect. What I have to do to connect is: close the WinVNC program and
manually start the service---on every boot, every machine :-( . What is the
problem here?

Any help is welcome, thanks in advance,

VNC-List mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.realvnc.com/mailman/listinfo/vnc-list