Correct me if I'm wrong but as I understand inetd, it works as follows:
- inetd gets a call from outside (on port 5950 for example)
- inetd re-routes the remote call to a port in it's free range
- inetd starts the attached app (`Xvnc -inet`) and connects the stdio of the
app to the new port
- the app just communicates to it's stdio, not knowing about the connected
port.

For Xvnc, this requires the -inet option. If you also add the -rfb option, I
don't know what Xvnc does: accept both connections or just ignore one of the
two.

I expect inetd does the session controll: once the connection (on the port
in it's free range) is closed, the application is killed.

btw: Xvnc -inet does still open a free port for it's X11 communication: the
first free port from 6000. This gives the X11 display number.

CBee