----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 5:26 PM
Subject: RE: XP and the Taskbar. THANKS Jae

> I'm sure the CEO would love to hear about you popping in on his sessions
> make sure he isn't viewing porn". :-)
>
> I support hundreds of users scattered over the entire siearra nevada
> mountains. I could not live without remote control software. I absolutely
> depend on it. But if I openly talked of spying on the people I support, I
> would loose this tool. No one likes being spied on. I, and socienty in
> general, consider that type of activity abuse of power. That's why people
> hate things like red light cameras and traffic monitoring stations on
> freeways. If the police came right out and said that they used all these
> tools to track your every move, irregardless of breaking the law, people
> would revolt.

Oh, come on.  Is it really any different than having "root" or
"administrator" privileges on the machines?  You can read every file they
save anyway.  If you can't be trusted to use administrative powers to help
users and not spy on them, I doubt you will be in that position anyway.
Comparing this to cameras in public places is completely off base.  Have you
read any "Electronic Communication Policy" lately?  If you don't own the
machine, you don't own what you type or what you save, the company does.  If
an admin is "spying" on users, then that is an HR issue, not an IT/IS one.
--
William Hooper

I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it