From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On
Behalf Of William Hooper
Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 2:34 PM
To: 'VNC List'
Subject: RE: "A VNC server is already running as :10", but it isn't!

Doesn't VNC start the session you requested after you set the password
(you don't need to run it a second time)?  Are you sure that there isn't
a server running on :10?  Have you tried to connect to it with a viewer?
It might be useful to look for logs and PID files in the ~/.vnc
directory.

Does Solaris have a "netstat -a" that can show you if a port has a
program listening on port 5910?

--
William Hooper