Writing a batch file for Win9X was easy enough.  However, in Win2K,
some portions of the registry have permissions already assigned (and not
for a simple batch file to use.)  I learned how to change the permissions,
but I can't change the permissions at a remote computer without VNC.  I
can't use VNC until I install it silently.
      I downloaded  VNCon, which is a really cool utility, but it is
supposed to install and start the VNC service.  In my test bed, it only
installed files but could NOT install and start the service.  (It can
reboot a remote computer. That's pretty cool!  But without the VNC service
running, I still can't get into a session.)
      I am trying to set up Fastpush for my network, but it is not simple
enough for me to jump into without doing a lot of winnt-2k homework.  (At a
glance, It uses about 6 DOS utilities that I have never played with before.
I would like to understand what it does before letting it loose on my
company's network.)
      Silent install on an NT kernel is not as easy for some of us as it is
for others.

Have a Good Day,

Michael L.

                      "Tony"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

                      om>                      cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Ease of installation
issue - silent install
                      vnc-list-admin@re

                      alvnc.com

                      01/28/2003 07:59

                      AM

Last I heard, tightvnc did just this.. I don't have
the parameters off hand, but I remember seeing this
more then once on the list in the past.

I would imagine the rest do too.

Besides, a NT admin ( or Unix guy ) can do this remotely
without effecting the user any, if they are 1/2 way competent.

Its only a few files and a couple of registry changes.. its not
THAT hard to do remotely by hand... or via a simple script.