Hi folks,
having some trouble with a machine here and can't figure out why.
The situation is that, upon every reboot the VNC password appears to become corrupted.
I can still connect to the server but it does not accept the password until I manually
go to the machine, bring up VNC properties and change the password.
Another twist to this. I have VNC on several machines. If I use the same 12 character
password (containing letters, numbers and characters) on all machines it works except
for this machine which will refuse to allow any connections by failing authentication.
I have had this problem for a while, infact the machine in question has seen a
motherboard failure and replacement along with an operating system reinstall yet the
problem still exists. OS config is pretty much the same throughout machines, they are
all using the same make/model of NIC.
System details:
WinXP OS
RealVNC version: I think the first version I used was 3.3.5 but I'm running 3.3.7 at
the moment
NIC: 3C905c