JK,

You are obviously using Solaris.  You need to make sure you are running the
font server from inetd and then the correct addition in the Xservers file is:

        -fp tcp/localhost:7100

You should have no more problems and the dtlogin *SHOULD* then come up with
the default locale for the machine.

Regards,
Glenn Lovitz