From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andrew Wheelwright
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 3:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: XP Black Screen Issue

Question,

I'm trying to setup vnc between to XP systems on two separate DSL
Private
Networks.

I can connect from the on machine to the other and within each of the
networks but I cannot get the screen to display.

I've modified color settings and resolutions, I've even nuked most of my
running applications but I can't seem to

get anything other than a black display with the mouse cursor.  I even
checked it via gotomypc and could see that

the connection is active and that when I move the mouse in the black
screen
it moves on the server, I just can't see anything.

Any Suggestions?

Both Systems are running XP Pro, the DSL router is forwarding port 5901
the correct machine both ends of the connection.

I can connect the other way (from home to work) but its from work to
home
that I want to connect.  Other than a different service and a

Slightly less sophisticated router by the same company the only
difference
is the dynamic ip on the work router.  Other than this, I can't think of
any
difference between the two machines.

Andrew Wheelwright

[demime 0.99d.1 removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which
had a name of winmail.dat]