Hi,

I'm curious how the so called DesktopSize pseudo-encoding works.
(We're using the VNC server v3.3.7 as you can download it from http://www.realvnc.com/download.html )

How do I specify the new width and height of the framebuffer? Sure I can send a SetEncoding message with 0xFFFFFF21 as encoding type but how do I send the width and height? (I didn't find this in the rfb protocol spec)

How handles the vnc-server a scaling greater than 1.0?`

And the other thing is, what's done on the server side when getting such an request. In other words, how's the framebuffer resized and how much extra computation is needed for this feature?